- 4 slices of Mestemacher Westfalian pumpernickel for cutting out
- butter for spreading
- 8 slices of Parma ham
- 8 slices of herb salami
- 6 black olives in brine
- ½ honeydew melon
- ½ cantaloupe melon
- In each case, cut four round pumpernickel bites from a slice of bread and spread them with a little bit of butter.
- Top with 8 slices of herb salami, garnish each with an olive and skewer with a toothpick.
- Top with 8 slices of Parma ham. Deseed the melon and cut out 8 evenly-sized balls from the fruit pulp. A special melon cutter that simplifies this task is suited for this.
- In each case, garnish the bread slices with a honeydew melon and cantaloupe ball.