- Mestemacher Pumpernickel
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- ½ avocado
- 1 tablespoon of argan oil
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Small basil leaves for garnishing
- Cut a cross into the top of the tomatoes and blanch for 10 seconds in boiling water. Then refresh with cold water. Peel the tomatoes, quarter and deseed them. Finely dice the fruit flesh and season it with salt and pepper.
- Halve the avocado, remove the pip, peel and dice the avocado flesh finely. Marinate it with argan oil and lemon juice. Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Slice pumpernickel into 1.5×1.5 cm squares.
- If available, use a serving ring or cookie cutter. First place the avocado and then the tomatoes on the pumpernickel. Garnish with basil leaves.